Location For New Durham Estates Mobile Home Park And Manufactured Home Sales That Serves The Communities Of New Durham, Chesterton, Laporte, Michigan City, Portage And Valparaiso
New Durham Estates is conveniently located in Westville, Indiana in LaPorte County off of Highway 421 and Rt. 2. Our community is in northwest Indiana just minutes from Michigan City, Valparaiso, Merrillville, Chesterton, LaPorte, South Bend, New Buffalo, Michigan, and Chicago.
- The Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets, located just 11 miles away in Michigan City. It offers exceptional brands at extraordinary savings with over 120 outlet stores.
- Marquette Mall, located 8.5 miles away at the intersection of Hwy 20 and US 421. It includes stores such as JCPenny, Carson’s, Sears, Kohls, and Shoe Carnival.
- Antique Shops can be found along the Red Arrow Highway from Michigan City into New Buffalo, Michigan. Downtown LaPorte, Chesterton, and Valparaiso also offer a variety of quaint boutiques and antique shops.
- Valparaiso Shopping is located just 11 miles away with stores such as Gordmans, Kirklands, Hallmark, JCPenny, Justice, and Hobby Lobby. There is also Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and Home Depot.
Parks and Recreation
- Bluhm County Park includes 96 acres of spring wildflowers, upland forest, wetlands, prairie and a pond. You can enjoy the multiple use trails for mountain biking, horseback riding, cross country skiing and hiking. The Lincoln Memorial trail connects right to our community. There are also picnic shelter rentals, picnic tables, a playground, restrooms, and a No-Leash Dog Exercise Area.
- Washington Park Zoo is a 15-acre zoo built on a hilly sand dune overlooking Lake Michigan. It is home to over 100 different species and includes a 70 foot tall observation tower.
- Washington Park and Beach features a beach on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, fitness trails, splash pad, playground, picnic shelters, boat launch and marina, public access fishing, outdoor skating rink, and amphitheater. It is only 12 miles away and hosts Indiana’s only working lighthouse and catwalk.
- Indiana Dunes State Park consists of 2,182 acres of beautiful landscape. It has 15 miles of magnificent Lake Michigan shoreline with sandy beaches for splashing, playing, and relaxing. You will also find camping, towering sand dunes and more than 70 miles of hiking and biking trails through dunes, forests, marshes and prairies.
- Coulter’s Produce is just 2.5 miles from the community. They offer delicious farm fresh produce. In the fall they offer free hayrides, a corn maze, pick your own pumpkin, fall decorations, and pony rides.
- Garwood Orchards has been operated by the Garwood family for over 180 years. Take a wagon ride and u-pick fun during the spring, summer, and fall or just visit the farm market on site. You can also visit the bake shop for some fresh bakery treats.
- Golf Courses include Michigan City Municipal Golf Course just 15 miles away in Michigan City. The Brassie 15 miles away in Chesterton. Briar Leaf Golf Course is 14.5 miles away, Beachwood Golf Course 11 miles away, and Legacy Hills Golf Club just 12 miles away, and all in LaPorte. There is also The Course at Aberdeen which is 16 miles away in Valparaiso as well as Forrest Park Golf Course which is 14 miles away. There is certainly a challenging course for all skill levels.
- Southwestern Michigan Wine Country – Michigan Shore Wine Country is called the “Napa Valley of the Midwest”. The Michigan shore wine country stretches from the Indiana – Michigan state line across the southwestern corner of Michigan to Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Hesston Steam Museum is located 25 minutes from the community. History comes alive at the Hesston Steam Museum as real steam locomotives take you on a spectacular two and a half mile journey through deep woods, past lakes and farm fields.
- Blue Chip Casino and Spa boasts a luxurious 486 room hotel with a 22 story tower, full service spa, a variety of dining and nightlife options and 65,000 square feet of gaming fun.
- Four Winds Casino features a 415 room hotel, over 130,000 square feet of gaming excitement, event center, dining for every taste including a Hard Rock Café, an arcade, and a supervised children’s entertainment facility for ages 6 weeks to 12 years called Kid’s Quest. There’s fun for everyone.
- Deep River Waterpark is located in Merrillville and is Chicagoland’s largest waterpark which has free parking with fun for all ages and thrill levels. They have 2 kids’ areas, wave pool, tube and body slides, and 2 lazy rivers. Fun doesn’t stop in the winter either, they offer outdoor ice skating.
- Seven Peaks Waterpark Duneland located in Porter Indiana just 17 miles away. It is one of the largest waterparks in all of Indiana with 15 waterslides, including four 70-feet free fall drop-slides and a giant half pipe tube ride. They also have a 650,000 gallon Wave Pool, 2 kid’s areas with splash features and waterslides, group pavilions, and so much more.
- Zao Island located in Valparaiso offering mini golf, laser tag, go-karts, arcade, batting cage, alligator exhibit, bounce houses, spinzone bumper cars & Coladas Pizza.
- Flips Cascade Mountain is an Adventure Park located in Michigan City. They have mini golf, go-karts, bumper boats, blow up slide, batting cages, and arcade.
- Inman’s Fun Center located in Valparaiso has 32 Lanes of Bowling, Empty Pockets Saloon, Panhandlers Pizza, Video Game Arcade with Ticket Redemption, Roller Skating Rink, Go-Karts, Mini Golf, Paddle Soakers, Billiards, Bean Bags, and Inflatable Bounce Houses.
- Gary SouthShore RailCats located in Gary, it offers fun minor league baseball fun at an affordable price. The RailCats promise a wide array of laugh-out-loud between inning entertainment, great giveaways on Saturdays, jaw-dropping fireworks on Fridays and a family-first, kid-friendly atmosphere every day of the week
- Westville Elementary School (K-6) located at 207 E. Valparaiso Street in Westville just 1.9 miles from our community. Westville Elementary facilitates the development of life-long learners by providing academic and social skills, which prepare students to become responsible and productive citizens
- Westville Middle School (7-8) & Westville High School (9-12), located at 207 E. Valparaiso Street in Westville just 1.9 miles from our community. Westville Middle School/High School, in partnership with parents and community, will create and maintain an environment that strives to have students reach their optimum level of academic, artistic, and physical achievement as set forth by state and national standards. We are committed to providing students with extra instruction, tutoring, and remediation to help ensure this outcome.
- Purdue North Central located just 1.5 miles away. The PNC campus is part of the Purdue University system. They offer a variety of masters’ programs as well as bachelors and associates degrees. It is located just south of the intersection of I-80 and US 421.
- Indiana University Northwest located at 3400 Broadway just 29 miles away.
- Westville Public Libraryoperates with the Evergreen Indiana catalog system, offers free Wi-Fi, multiple computer stations with printers, and has 2 meeting rooms available.
La Porte County is only 55 short miles from Chicago. You have the choice of driving, flying from a nearby airport, catching the train or hopping on the bus.
New Durham is conveniently located only 4 miles from the Indiana Toll Road 80/90 and only 9 miles from Interstate 94. We are easily accessible to highways US 421, US Hwy 2, and Rt. 6.
- South Shore Railroad takes commuters between South Bend and Chicago several times each day, stopping at the Chesterton station or either of two separate stations in Michigan City. Free overnight parking is available.
- Amtrak also makes periodic stops at a Michigan City flag stop along Lake Michigan when individual rider schedules dictate. The Blue Water Express and Pere Marquette both stop in Michigan City on their way to and from Chicago if needed. The stops aren’t regularly scheduled.
- Midway International Airport and O’Hare International Airport, just over an hour away in Chicago, both airports provide access to the South Shore and South Bend Railroad via Chicago Transit Authority “L” trains. There is also bus shuttles offered from nearby Michigan City.
- South Bend Regional Airport is about 45 minutes from Westville and is also accessible from the South Shore and South Bend Railroad.